Life & Family History Writing Workshop
Dates: October 4 to December 6, 2016 (10 sessions)
Time: 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Venue: AFHS Library, 712 - 16 Avenue NW (map)
Featured Speaker: Michele Buhler
Our own Chinook editor, Michele Buhler, will be your instructor. Michele is a former Social Worker who stumbled into helping people write their life stories when she “discovered” her mother-in-law’s fabulous stories and wrote them down. That was almost ten years and many books ago!
- Do you have stories from your life, or your ancestors' lives that you have always wanted to write down?
- Join our workshop and create a collection of stories for yourself and your loved ones.
- Brainstorm ideas!
- Write a two-page story each week at home.
- Share your story with the group.
- Listen to and encourage other group members.
- Create a collection of stories that you can share with your loved ones.
Cost: $200 for non-members, $170 for AFHS members
For more on membership benefits, please visit this page.
To register: Enroll and pay with PayPal or credit card here. Otherwise, email .
Details: Enroll early - 12 people maximum! Michele will help you generate ideas and create a collection of stories that you can share with your loved ones. You will listen to and encourage group members. Don't feel intimidated if you think you are not a writer - this is a memories class, not an English class, so "creative" spelling, grammar and puncutation are encouraged!
This is a FREE course for AFHS members. (All others will be required to pay a $40 membership fee.*)
You will learn how to get started searching, some organizational skills and where and how to look on-line.
Time: 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the AFHS library.
Please let Kay Clarke know if you wish to attend so she can
make plans. Phone: (403) 279-1036 or .
Our library is located at:
712 - 16 Avenue NW in Calgary (map).
* See membership benefits and download an application form here.