Our volunteers are the lifeblood of our society. We just couldn't manage without all the dedicated people we have doing everything from running the library to setting up new members to organizing audio/visual equipment at meetings. We have a lot of fun working together and enjoy each other's company.
Urgent: The AFHS is looking to fill two key positions that are instrumental to our existence. If you see something that you or someone you know could help with, please get in touch with us .
The role of the Vice President is as follows:
- In the absence of the President, the Vice President shall preside over a meeting of the Board of Directors.
- The Vice President shall be the President Elect, to assume the office of President at the end of the current President’s term or if the current President is unable to complete his/her term.
- The Vice President shall have such other responsibilities as may be mutually agreed upon with the President and other members of the Board of Directors.
This is an extremely important position. Here is a list of the Treasurer's duties:
- collects all monies payable to the Society and makes deposits to the bank
- disburses funds of the Society under the direction of the Board
- maintains all financial records
- provides a monthly financial report
- works with the auditor on the yearly audit
- prepares and submits all tax-related forms
- and more...
If you have any financial experience and are willing to help, let us know !